[16th July 2015, 5:30am BST]
Panasonic today announced the 20.3-Megapixel LUMIX DMC-GX8 DSLM with Dual I.S.(Image Stabilizer) and featuring superb image quality, 0.07 AF speed and many other new features.
The new camera brings dual Body I.S. and Lens I.S. at the same time to take maximum advantages of both stabilizers at wide angle and telephoto ends. The GX8 features a new 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and a Venus engine similar to the GH4 with quad core processing power. Here are some of the fabulous new featuures;-
* shooting at max.ISO25600.
* high speed burst shooting at 8 fps(AFS) / 6 fps(AFC.
* high-resolution QFHD 4K video in 3840×2160 at 30p(60Hz) / 25p(50Hz) or 24p in MP4.
* Three 4K photo modes (8 megapixel images from 4K 30p) similar to the recently released G7 inc; 4K Burst Shooting, 4K Burst S/S (Start/Stop) and 4K Pre-burst.
* A large, tilt-able OLED LVF that boasts the highest ever magnification ratio of approx.1.54x / 0.77x (35mm camera equiv.)
* Depth From Defocus giving ultra fast auto focusing of approx. 0.07 sec.
* Focus detect area now 49 point plus Low Light AF ‘under moonlight’
* Wi-Fi® with NFC(Near Field Comms) Connectivity.
* magnesium alloy full diecast frame and sleek, sophisticated exterior grip.
* highest shutter speed at max. 1/8000 (mechanical) and highest shutter speed at max. 1/16000 sec (electronic)
* develop RAW image in camera without having to use external software.
* Panorama Shot function allows shooting horizontal/vertical ultra-wide panoramic
* Creative Control mode features a total of 22 filter options
* Cinelike D and V Gamma with S Curve Shadow & Highlights like the GH4.
* Focus Peaking, Time Lapse Shot / Stop Motion Animation and many other features.
Look out for a full feature, more details & prices soon. Plus Video sampler.